How to Create an Effective ASO Strategy?
The development of an app does not include only hard work but also requires an investment of time and money. However, the uniqueness or exception of the app becomes irrelevant unless people come to know of it. App store optimization can help the developer to achieve their app-recognition goals.
App Store Optimization or ASO helps to improve the ranking and discoverability of an app. However, simply convincing window shoppers or customers to place their clicks on the app will not do the job. The landing page design must be appealing enough for buyers to download the app, update it and motivate them for in-app purchases.
The Best ASO Services India points out that through the implementation of multiple techniques for optimization or CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) the ASO consists of various strategies including comprehensive titles, apt descriptions, precise placement of categories, optimum keywords, adding crisp screenshots, etc.
The Importance of ASO
The ranking of an app on the App Store or Play Stores determines the degree of relevance to users. Online surfers do not have to waste their time scrolling across the search results to obtain their apps. The direct correlation between the ranking and download of the app assures that the most downloaded apps attain the highest position.
According to market research, the discoverability in about 68% of new apps is made possible by ASO. The appropriate use of App Store Optimization can lead to –
- Higher discoverability of the app.
- Denser traffic inflow.
- Greater number of users.
- Shoots organic download intensity.
- Enlarges user base.
- CTR developments directly affect revenue.
- Reduces the acquisition expenses of the user.
- Improves mobile business growth.
The Contrast between ASO and SEO
Both – SEO and ASO help the user to “search” over the online environment. They determine the way users obtain their search results on vital information, readable content, desirable apps and much more. Therefore, adequate levels of planning, working, and supervision are involved in the success of both – SEO and ASO.
The Correspondences between ASO and SEO
According to the Digital Marketing Company, there are two ways in which there are similarities for both – ASO and SEO, they are –
- The crucial role of “keywords” in the SEO campaign.
- Using search queries to obtain organic traffic.
But the difference between the two lies in the fact that ASO ensures optimization of apps for app stores while SEO assures optimization of websites for search engines. While people search the app store to obtain an app of their choice, online web surfers refer to the search engines to get the information they are looking for.
Reliable Optimization Techniques for ASO
The Mobile App Advertising Company India offers some dependable ASO techniques like
1. User Acquaintances – As a prominent means of searching for apps, almost three-quarters of the apps are found over app store searches. It also implies that customers are looking for a particular app. Thus, proper research conduction is advised over both – the market and its customers. Proper scrutiny of their requirements and behavioral patterns can help sellers to understand their customers. Doing so can provide vital information that is suitable to prepare the app. One can start by the purpose of the app usage, its discoverability, the linguistics nature (speaking language), etc.
2. Identifying Keyword Usage – Keywords play an important role in online marketing as they empower the visibility of the app in the store. Keyword research is a new way to help rank the app. However, it serves best if the highest SERP ranking keywords are used in the content. The objective of the research is to develop a useful keyword set for the promotion of optimized app store listing. The app store optimization relies upon the separate characteristics in the app listing. The keyword research must offer a detailed app description, the use of feature-dependent words indicates the category of the app and are common category terms.
3. Opting for The Appropriate Name – The name of the app is the first interaction people face with it. An interesting-yet-short name can catch the attention of the user. The name must be chosen to fit the function of the app, such that conversions are boosted through app description and titles. App rankings can also be achieved through comprehensive titles with one or two keywords.
4. Precise App Descriptions – As a crucial portion of the metadata of the app, the character limit lies by 4000 characters. These app descriptions can offer important details on the app and its characteristics. Mobile App Marketing Services indicates that; through casual sentences, the easy-to-understand information can answer queries on –
- What can the app do?
- Which issues does it solve?
- How can it ease its user’s lifestyle?
- What is the cost?
5. The Value of the App Icon – The app icon must be appealing to the eye from a visual aspect. Opting for a suitable geometric design, size and color is important. Forming a fresh app icon places a new identity and recognizes the functionality of the app.
- iOS – minimum size requirement – 1024×1024 pixels. Scaled-down icons – 180×180 pixels, tab bar icons 75×75 pixels, and navigation icons 66×66 pixels.
- Android – minimum size requirement – 512×512 pixels.
6. Implementation of High-Quality Screenshots – For visual communication purposes, screenshots can help users obtain an app preview and explain app functionality. It is advised to focus on the minute details, like the size requirements or the layouts. These screenshots should highlight the brand and expose the functionality with prominent large captions.
7. Addition of a Video Preview – According to a survey by Chipthompson.com, 85% of the audience prefer online videos; with more than half observing through their mobile phones. Videos that reveal app functionality or game animations for 30 seconds tops can grasp customer attention.
8. Reviews And Ratings – Apple Inc and Google consider the comments or reviews that users make on their apps. The higher ranking of an app determines the relevance of the app with more ratings.